Respect. Now. Always – Student Safety and Prevention of Sexual Assault & Sexual Harassment
At AITC we take the safety of all our students seriously. In February 2016, Australia’s universities launched a ground-breaking initiative to prevent and address sexual assault and harassment across the sector.
Respect. Now. Always. highlights the determination of Australia’s universities to ensure that our educational institutes are places of safety and respect, and as a private provider AITC wants to ensure to provide an environment that is safe for everyone. The 10-point Action Plan builds on work done by individual universities in Australia over many years to develop policies, reporting procedures and support services.
The campaign aims to:
- raise awareness of sexual assault and sexual harassment and lift the visibility of support services for students;
- obtain data to guide further improvement in university policies and services;and
- assist universities in sharing global best practice resources across the sector.
To find out more please visit the following link:
If you feel unsafe or are experiencing/experienced sexual abuse in any way, please seek assistance from a local authority as outlined below, or come speak to our Student Counsellors or Administration Officers at your local Campus.
Australian Institute of Technology and Commerce (AITC) places high priority on student security and safety. AITC does not condone or accept any form of Bullying, Harassment or Discrimination. Any allegations of Bullying, Harassment or Discrimination will be investigated and appropriate action will be taken.
24-hour Crisis Emergency Contacts:
Lifeline 131 114
Police (Free call) 000
Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000
• NSW Rape Crisis Centre 1800 424 017
• Sexual Assault Counselling Australia 1800 211 028
• Eastern and Central Sexual Assault Service 02 9515 9040
• Royal Prince Alfred Hospital crisis service (ask for after-hours crisis workers) 02 9515 6111
Alcohol and Drug Counselling
• Alcoholics Anonymous NSW (24 hours) 02 9799 1199
• Family Drug Support 02 4782 9222 or 1300 368 186
• Narcotics Anonymous 02 9212 3444
Victims of Crime Support Lines
• NSW 24-hour Victims Support Line 02 9374 3000 or 1800 633 063
• Translating and Interpreting Service: 131450
• To make a discrimination enquiry 02 9268 5544
• Translating and Interpreting Service on 131450 (ask the interpreter to call Anti-Discrimination NSW)
• Anti-Discrimination NSW Parramatta office 02 9268 5555
• Anti-Discrimination NSW Wollongong office 02 4267 6200